Clackamas Welding, a Division of Lafarge & Egge, is seeking a high energy Production Assistant.
This is an entry level position to support all phases of production, specifically part preparation for welding. An opportunity to train in Logistics or Production may present for the right long term candidate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic computer skills. Must be able to quickly learn to navigate ERP system and enter information with minimal errors.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, abilities and experience:
• Positive attitude, high energy, and solid work ethic.
• Ability to train quickly, and perform to strict quality standards
• Adapt to rapidly changing duties and deadlines from day to day
• Excellent attendance
• Excellent safety record
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience:
• Working in a shop or manufacturing environment
• Working with and maintaining small machinery
• Operating a forklift
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Cleaning and grinding customer supplied parts in preparation for weld
• Weekly/Monthly cleaning and maintenance of grinding and production areas
• Assist in shipping and receiving
• Driving parts to and from processors, customers, and freight drop off when needed
• Special projects as assigned
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.